Tuesday 19 September 2006

Jester? Rabbit?

This toy was knitted using circulars and magic loop, and Turkish Cast-On. This is like Figure 8 cast-on, but much, much easier to remember and to execute. I found the tutorial here. Arms and legs were also knitted in the round with magic loop - there's so little sewing up to do, and the face can be embroidered before stuffing the doll.

It would've been very quick had I not used 2mm needles.... but the tight gauge means that no stuffing shows through.

8 comments:

Jo said...

What lovely creations! Great blog!

Heather Moore said...

So sweet!

amnoti said...

been buzy, havent had time to look in, but i have to add my vote - great stuff - toys AND drawings

Anonymous said...

Hi Jezze
Will you be posting pattern yfor your jester/rabbit too?

Jesse said...

I'll put up a basic pattern, and some variations of it - yep, the jester will be among them. I should have it all done by the end of the month at the latest.

Anonymous said...

Hey wonderful, I look forward to it. Many thanks for responding. Love your toys.

Regards Faye

Anonymous said...

Hi Jezze, just a thought. If you were to type up and sell your toy knitting patterns PDF or wordfile document...they would sell. I'd be prepared to pay for detailed patterns of your toys. I knit for charity and your toys appeal to young and old...the kids would love them and they appear to be fast turn-around...think about it, all you need then is a Pay Pal account and you will be laughing...

joyce said...

love it!