Monday 31 December 2007

Christmas report

This is what my bathroom ceiling looked like on Christmas morning. The geyser decided to break while we were sleeping! After finding out firsthand what plumbers charge for a callout on Christmas day, Christmas lunch didn't seem so indulgent.... we needed all that pudding just to restore our bloodsugar levels to normal.

But Christmas wasn't all bad. In fact, some lovely things happened.


Cristina proved that even my more garbled patterns can be decoded, by making a very pretty purse from my instructions.


And Deedee improved on my vase pattern. I love how the stitches change shape.


Kaija sent me a book of good things, along with some yummy paper goodies. The little book is beautiful - she still has some in her shop, if you want to get your own.


And I was given this book for Christmas. It's odd, exciting, fascinating; page after page proves that, left to their own devices, no two knitters will produce the same things. And some will think of very odd things. I might never use any of the patterns in it, but I've already had more ideas than I could finish in a year.


This is one of them. What's it for? I'll have to show you next year!

I hope you all have a great New Year's Eve and a wonderful year. 2007 has been pretty scary, quite interesting, and mostly exciting, what with finishing That Comic and starting my printing experiments. Thank you for all your comments, and even more, for all your blogs.

7 comments:

Cristina Salgueiro said...

It is always a pleasure to visit your blog! Happy New Year :)

Sonya said...

Merry belated Christmas, even though it was sodden. House woes are the worst. Happy New Year Jesse, can't wait to see what is to come!

AMCSviatko said...

Urgh! Christmas plumbing.

Ahh! Black and white mysteries.

Yay! Jezzeblog's comics to keep me entertained.

Heather Moore said...

Boo to rubbish plumbing and yay to exciting knitting projects and a brand new year! Looking forward so seeing you soon.
xx

kat said...

Hi jesse, Happy new year to you!
Have you seen the books 'Domaknitrix' and 'Fitted knits' ? Perhaps you'll enjoy those.

Jesse said...

Kat, they're both on my wishlist, which is about 20 knitting books long...'Domaknitrix' looks particularly fun!

Unknown said...

hey - who did you get to fix the ceiling? our ceiling has similar 'issues'... ;-)