Tuesday 8 January 2008

Buses

That's how much knitting I can do on a 4-hour bus ride, without moving my elbows! It was a 'no frills' (tiny seats) kinda bus. Pattern is Anna Bell's Elphine socks, to be found here - scroll down a bit, it's the green picture.

Next to the sock, a jar of aloe and lemon marmelade. I don't know if you can get it anywhere except in Albertinia, which is so off the beaten track I'm not even going to attempt to explain where it is, but if you ever get the chance you really should try some. I loathe ordinary marmelade, but this stuff is amazing. Look how waxy!


The promised shop update will happen sometime this week; I've got bags and purses and printed tape, but I also have an illustration deadline.... It's quite a manageable deadline, if you consider 9 or 10 hours a day hunched over a tiny painting a normal day (I think I do), but doesn't leave much time for other things. Please bear with me, it's nearly over!

7 comments:

Cristina Salgueiro said...

Those socks are very pretty. And the marmelade, yummy. I've got to go and find something to replace the photo!

Heather Moore said...

Good luck with the deadline!

Love the little aloe logo on the marmelade.

bronwyn said...

The socks look soooooo nice....and the marmelade!

Sherrin said...

wow the socks look cool- I would be lucky to get that much knitted in a week! the marmalade looks pretty good too- aloe?? sounds interesting. :o)

Denise Kiggan said...

Hope the 9 or 10 hours a day stint is nearly over now. Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Do we get a recipe? For the aloe and lemon marmelade - for us non-Albertinians who also do not particularly like ordinary marmelade?

Thanks in advance,
Janey
(janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca)

kat said...

Happy New Year - Look forward to seeing you back in blogland once your pressing work is over!