Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Tags

It's childish, I know, but I don't think I'll ever get over the magic of being able to print the same image again and again and again.

Which makes it hard to stop once I get going.

I'm working on a bunch of designs for tags - pretty instant gratification, because the blocks are small and carve quickly. I've also been testing new textile inks; the wash tests start tomorrow. Hold thumbs, please!

For more printy stuff, have a look at the printing workshop I gave last week at AAA. Ink everywhere!

8 comments:

mashadutoit said...

These are stunning. They feel quite festive, in fact. Christmassy.

Carle' said...

beautiful!

Tracey said...

Hold thumbs - is that for luck? We say to cross your fingers. Good luck either way :-)

Yardwork said...

beautiful image - and lovely on that antique cream paper!

alex sunday said...

yep, this is a really lovely design. not sure why exactly, but it just 'works'. i haven't heard of thumb holding either, but i have my fingers crossed!

Heloise said...

I can't believe you were at my door (literally) and I missed you aaargh!

henriette said...

aa, they look great. ek sal duim vashou vir daardie wastoets. heloise is vreeslik spyt dat sy jou gemis het met die workshop. dankie vir die link ;>

Amy Prior said...

sweet and pretty; love the black and the cream together. I get a buzz from the repetition of printing too quite relaxing when you get in the groove :-)