Monday 17 October 2011

Paulie


Still working on my own knitting pattern, but in the meantime here's a cardigan knitted from someone else's pattern: Paulie.

The yarn is a mystery acrylic from the secondhand shop; it was more or less the right colour, so I didn't mess around with changing a single thing about the pattern, which I loved. (Sometimes knitting is like shopping; I see a picture and I want the garment.)

Of course it seems strangely too big and too small at the same time, and there's a weird pouffey thing happening around the shoulders. But that's me, not the pattern. I crocheted a chain along the inside of the collar to stop it slipping off, but still have to keep it buttoned to keep it on, so I suppose I do really have very round shoulders.

5 comments:

Kayanna said...

So lovely! I've had this pattern bookmarked forever. I see what you mean about the shoulders but I still think it looks wonderful on you!

heleen said...

I really like the color combination! I understand what you mean with the fitting, I see on many photos on Ravelry the same effect around the shoulders.

Lori said...

Lovely! I like this but I can see what you're saying about the fit.

I hadn't seen this pattern before but now I think I need to give it a look. I need more cardigans (says the woman with a minimum of 10 currently). Winter's on it's way here.

Deniz said...

i love the colour combo-- and from where i stand the cardi looks fab...
i find that top down cardis have the above problems--puffey around shoulders and slipping off them...
looking forward to your pattern.

strikk handknits said...

loving the cardigan - well done!
agree on the shoulder issues - find it the hardest thing to get right, so creative licence on shoulders is definitely the key :-)
looking forward to the pattern.