Wednesday 13 June 2012

Seaweed


Wrap some seaweed round your neck to keep the cold away!

The pattern is Loken by Berroco, and it's free. I used mystery acrylic, and didn't bother with gauge because:
a) I don't know how to measure crochet gauge.
b) I didn't think it would matter.

And it doesn't really matter, here. The pattern is rated for experienced crocheters, but I think that's just because there are no charts. Draw your own sketchy annotated diagrams for the motifs, and then it's fairly simple. It's quite a fun thing to wear; there are lots of different ways to drape it, and you can even wear it as a sort of hood. I couldn't manage a friendly-face pic of that, though, what with holding the camera still at arm's length and dodging the schnauzer that must be in every single picture taken in this house.

2 comments:

Cristina Salgueiro said...

It looks stunning. Congrats.

Jane McLellan said...

Looks wonderful, I like that.