Tuesday 18 December 2012

Ho Ho Ho....



Well it's sort of Christmassy, isn't it? It's red. 


It's taken more than a year to get from sketch to carved and printed block! The delay  means that I've no idea how I intended to print this, either colour or layout-wise. I have a vague idea that I wanted something posy-like, maybe.

It does look nifty printed on little zip purses. Just the thing for an emergency stash of calming pharmaceuticals, should all the holiday cheer become overwhelming, or your spirits flag at the sight of paper hats and roast meat at midday in summer.

9 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Er, Halloween? The Christmas connection is a bit of a stretch.

Jesse said...

I know :) ... but we don't actually have Halloween here, do we? (Maybe we do. Maybe it started without me noticing?)

painted fish studio said...

i LOVE it!!!

hildakruger said...

Oh wow! WANT.

Mary said...

Pure genius, you're never out of sync

Ruby in the Dust said...

Haha! So cool :) Have a great Christmas and I hope you have many more crazy ideas like this one xx

JaneA said...

Ha! Love it. It perfectly reflects my Christmas spirit at the moment, too hot to be bothered and a little feverish to boot.

Unknown said...

A bit of Nightmare before christmas...hohoho
Enjoy these days a lot!

Sonya Philip said...

I think I need a little zip bag in this print. Ho ho ho indeed! Happy New Year to you!