Tuesday 30 April 2013

Tiny Knitting


 A friend gave me two skeins of linen-silk yarn that she'd dyed with logwood. It's so thin that she thought it might be weaving yarn, but I only know how to knit - and I love thin yarn.


Time to use my 1.5mm needles again! I picked stitch patterns that I thought worked with the colouring, cast on what seemed to be enough stitches, and knitted till I ran out of yarn. Result: thin, drapey scraps of fabric, perfectly suited for scarves that won't dangle in the ink when I'm printing on a cold winter's morning.

5 comments:

Nat at Made in Home said...

I love the knitted purples fabric underneath! both are beautiful, lucky you to get free hand dyed yarn!

Sash said...

Hiiii :)

Was just wondering if you have an email address where I can personally get in touch with you on :)

http://magicinacupcake.blogspot.com/

Lori said...

These are so pretty. What is the stitch used on the purple piece? The diamonds/lattice stitch pattern is really interesting.

Fathima said...

Wow, you have some mad knitting skills! I always say I love knitting, and I do, but never seem to find time to do it. Have recently got back into embroidery a teeny bit and am loving it.

DesiLoop said...

That is some pretty knitting! Enjoy!