Thursday 17 October 2013

Printed Up!

And here's the block from last time, printed up. First go, so it's a little rough. It always takes a bit of time to learn the quirks of each block: how much ink, how much pressure, where to over-ink. 


I should probably explain why I've been away from the blog for so long. My mom's been in hospital pretty much since the last time I posted, and it's a hospital 4 hours' drive from here. So there's been a lot of travelling, a lot of hanging around waiting for phone calls, and just a lot of Keeping Calm. When I've found time to blog, I just haven't felt like it. So updates will probably still be intermittent for a while.

But here's some other pretty stuff I've been doing:


Mucking around with bits of felt and foam and overprinting. 



4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Love your experiments. I hope your mum is on the mend.

Cristina Salgueiro said...

Beautiful prints :)
Hope your mother gets better fast... where is she, 4 hours drive?
XXXX

flowerpress said...

So sorry to hear about your Mum Jesse, I hope she's better soon.
I know how stressful that can be.
Love the new print.
Susie

Denise Kiggan said...

So sorry to hear about your mom Jesse. My mom has also had a couple of stints in hospital, but at least she lives nearby me.
I so appreciated your wise and thoughtful response to the hummingbird saga.