Wednesday 6 August 2014

Miraculous


We've had builders here for the past 3 weeks, trampling cement dust into the floors (which weren't that great to start with). On Saturday and Sunday I scrubbed the floors, and then oiled them: 1/4 cup of vinegar and 2/3 cups of olive oil, and some lemon oil for the smell, mixed up in a spray bottle. Spray it on and wipe it off.

It makes an incredible difference, even covering up scuff marks on the parts of the floor that still have varnish. From past experience, it lasts a good while, but I'll add a layer of floor polish this weekend to try to preserve it for a bit longer.

Not a terribly glamorous way to spend a weekend, but it saves on gym fees.

1 comment:

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, big improvement. I put olive oil on my food, but I've never thought of putting it on my floors!