Thursday 15 May 2008

Need a pincushion fast?


Huge amounts of sewing this morning had me scrabbling around on the floor looking for spilled pins. To speed things up I quickly made a pincushion - it took less than 20 minutes!

How to: trace a circle round a saucer on to a piece of cloth. Sew a row of running stitches around the edge, pull slightly to close, fill with stuffing, pull further closed, stitch randomly over the gap to keep it closed, and stick into that battered silver eggcup you just happen to have lying around.

8 comments:

Inklore said...

So great...I don't have any silver egg cups though..

Denise Kiggan said...

I am going to make one! I have some silver goblets around that will do very nicely I think!

Sherrin said...

great idea... I'm always losing pins.

Anonymous said...

This is brilliant. I already have a pin cushion (a little knitted house) but need a second one. This looks like it is going to be my answer...thanks. Now to find a egg cup.....

Heloise said...

Now that is a great idea if ever I've seen one. Thanks. Enjoy the Kraft afternoon i will be looking for the feedback - I'm off to turn 44

Bronwyn said...

Wow, great idea!

Anonymous said...

This is great! Thank you...
Your blog has inspired me to start making homemade items.
I would also like to know what type of fabric do you use often.

Jesse said...

Thanks! I generally use a medium-weight cotton to print on.