Wednesday 8 April 2009

Kreativ Blogger

Francesca from Mrs Eliot Books awarded me the Kreativ Blogger Award, which is very flattering, not least because I'm such a fan of Francesca's work.

It means I have to list 7 things I love, and then pass the award on to 7 other blogs. Here goes:

1. Tea. Milk and one sugar, please.
2. How-to illustrations. It gives me a thrill to see what could have been three paragraphs of explanation accurately condensed into one drawing.
3. Collecting knitting and sewing patterns, especially really old ones. I'll never make more than perhaps a tenth of all the things I have patterns for, but there's such a wonderful sense of potential in browsing through them. It's like having a virtual wardrobe.
4. Talking for hours on the phone. Usually in the middle of the day, when both of us should be working.
5. Eating things I've never eaten before.
6. Reading blogs by people who make things just for the sake of making. For so many years I didn't know anyone else who made stuff.
7. Watching someone else do something really really well. I used to love watching my mom drawing or knitting when I was little. And that brings me to this photo:


All these plants were bought as seedlings at the same time. We gave the one on the right to someone to look after. We were very proud of the one on the left, until we brought the foster plant home again. The talented gardener can't explain what he did to get it to grow so well - light, water, some plant food. I'm delighted to have the robust plant home again, but I really loved watching him trying to explain what he did, displaying such unselfconscious expertise.

And now to pass on the award. These, in no particular order, are some of my favourite blogs:

Hannah Morris Blog
Wax and Wool
the sunday project
Painted Fish Studio
Masha
lost is a place too
fra(a)iing

4 comments:

Anairam said...

Thank you for my award, Jesse! I'll treasure it, knowing it comes from such a Kreativ Blogger as yourself! (Re. the plants - I think I am going to pot up my entire garden and carry it off to your green-fingered friend. It needs some TLC ...)

Masha said...

Oooh thanks! :D

*rushes off to look at the other blogs on the list*

Alex Sunday said...

flattered! now you've got me thinking....

painted fish studio said...

i am so honored! i will ponder my list of loves over the easter weekend, over a cup of tea with milk and 2 sugars.