Thursday 28 June 2012

New Cushions


New cushion covers in stock, including the first two samples of my new Numbers range. I've printed more patterns from this range, but haven't had time to sew them up yet, since I'm also printing up a bunch of other orders. But soon!

This is the most exciting set of prints I've done (though every new print feels like that). They're a fiddly heap of challenges to print: I'm still working out which colour combinations bring out the best in each pattern, and some of the configurations require very, very precise placement. Hopefully this is something I'll get better at in time. At the moment they seem to take a very long time to print, but I love them so much that I'm shushing my conscience. Even if I'm spending more time on them than makes sound financial sense, they simply have to be printed.

I've also reached the end of my stock of blank ribbon (but I have ordered more). That means I've printed and sold a full kilometre of ribbon. Yikes! When the next kilometre of ribbon arrives in a week or so, I'll have a giveaway to celebrate.

2 comments:

Deniz said...

they look great!

Jesslynn said...

What beautiful prints, I absolutely love your work.

I'm starting to print a few cushion covers of my own, please could you tell me where you get your cushion inners from? I'm based in Johannesburg.

Thanks!

Jesslynn

j.schlamm@gmail.com