Monday 22 October 2012

There's been some knitting


Since I last ranted about knitting and wool and charity blankets, I've gathered all my scraps of wool into a bag and stashed it near the couch. Every now and again I drag it out and add a few squares. I started off knitting in one colour and trying new stitch patterns, but soon settled on half linen stitch as a way to blend together colours in a pleasing way. (Some of the scraps of wool really are just that.)


There's enough for one blanket so far!

3 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, that's a wonderful way to combine colours and use up scraps! I shall follow your link, thanks.

Lori said...

This is a great idea. The scraps look like they've found a good purpose used this way! I think i might borrow your idea with the half-linen stitch & my own bag of scraps.

tjou-tjou said...

dis pragtig, jesse.