Tuesday 14 October 2008

Very Useful Black Thing


This one's a few years old now, but I'm on the subject of knitting (and my wardrobe) so... a basic polo neck raglan that I wear all the time. Usually back to front, with the collar folded in.

It used to be a huge floppy machine-knit v-neck raglan, and belonged to a boyfriend. He left it behind when he left, and I suppose he couldn't gather up the courage to ask for it back or something. It hung around in my cupboard for a while, until one evening when I was in need of something to knit.

The thin acrylic it was made from was really crinkly, and there's no way I know of to get the kinks out. But it gave 5 x 5 rib a surprisingly lovely texture! No need to steam and stretch yarn anymore.


And no abandoned items of clothing in my cupboard that belonged to other people.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh another great knit!! I love your style (what we see of it here, anyway!). Great sweater and great re-use of a discarded sweater!

kathryn said...

cool !
and one of the many things i love about knitting, it can always transform to something new.
did you make the skirt too ?